Annie sez Last Minute Gift Guide
The count down to our gift-giving holidays is winding down, so to help make your shopping easier, we’ve put together some gift ideas for everyone from the men in your life to your kid’s teachers.
• Sisters – A NEW HANDBAG! The sisters (and sisters-in-law) in your life always appreciate the gift of style, so what better way to send her into the holidays and 2012 than with a new handbag. Your sister will feel like a new person with a new handbag. Here are some ideas:
hype Leather Tote
Clutch bags: Clutches have been all the rage lately. They are fun, sexy and precious. What’s great about the right clutch is that she’ll be able to take it day-into-evening. With the recent trend of sparkly and sequin embellishments worn for daytime, that makes the double-duty utility of an embellished clutch even easier. And you also can’t go wrong with other options, such as solids in bright colors.
Structured bags: Ladylike structured bags have been coming on strong and add a Hepburn-like sophistication to any outfit.
Animal prints: Animal prints (leopard, python, etc.) are really hot right now and can add a big style punch to an otherwise neutral outfit.
Fur embellished bags: For your fashion-forward siblings, fur accents on handbags are the item to have this season. Take your sister through the winter with one of this season’s hottest trends.
• Female Colleagues: FUN & STYLISH GLOVES. Do not overlook the inspiration and fun that comes from a new pair of gloves. Gloves are likely something your colleague forgets to buy for herself, and that’s why a new pair can be an indulgent and luxurious gift. To get your wheels spinning, here are some thoughts on options:
- Long gloves with buttons on the side are modern Victorian and ultra-sexy
- Gloves with a fun print on the inside such as polka dots or animal print
- Soft gloves in bright pops of color – blue (royal, cerulean, sky blue, etc.) is very now, as is the color red
- Embellished gloves (sequins, sparkles, beads) can lift spirits. Or, look for features such as ladylike ruffles and bows
- Fur embellishments on gloves are very stylish this year – this is a great way to try the fur trend without going into a bigger investment such as a coat or vest
• Mom – A COZY & FASHIONABLE SWEATER. It’s cold outside and Mom would love a new cashmere sweater! Or there are a lot of other soft knits that are nice such as delicate wools, cashmere blends, cottons and angora – that all have a wonderful texture. Brights are in right now (blues, pinks and oranges), or you can go with a sexy neutral such as heather gray or taupe. We’re seeing a lot of belted items, so a wrap around sweater with a belt is very stylish, and cowl neck sweaters always bring softness and highlight mom’s beautiful face. Add a new pair of earrings to go with her new sweater and she’ll be beaming!
• Best Girlfriends – EVERYONE’S FAVORITE: JEWELRY. Jewelry is another favorite accessory to gift – it always fits! Jewelry options this season are wide-open and creative, so here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Different shades of gold (rose gold, pink gold), & mixed metals are currently on trend
- Stackable or chunky and colorful bangles
- Statement necklaces – either colorful, chunky or sparkly, or unique and sculptural
- Festive cocktail rings (she could wear this on New Year’s!)
- Dangly or colorful earrings
- Or check our “Bernie’s Case” in your local Annie sez for some truly unique pieces – both delicate and bold
• Your Children’s Teachers – SCARF or GIFT CERTIFICATE TO THE MOVIES. If you’re comfortable picking out a fashion item for your child’s teacher, a scarf is a pretty safe bet. The great thing about a scarf is one can never have too many, and generally you can’t go wrong. Stick to solids and neutrals (in a lux fabric if within your budget), and avoid any wild prints or flashy sparkles. If you don’t feel safe with a fashion item, everyone loves to go to the movies – so a great idea is a gift card from a movie website where tickets can be purchased online. (Or, you can get gift cards from your local cinema.) Another gift where you can’t go wrong: gift certificate to the local coffee shop chain, or local bookstore/coffee shop chain. Or a gift certificate to a local healthy grocery store is nice, too.
• Dad & Brothers (and Brothers-In-Law) – Let’s not forget about our favorite guys! Since there can be such a wide variety in tastes, hobbies and interests among brothers and dads, here are some ideas that cover plenty of ground:
- Cufflinks – There are lots to choose from – and men who wear business shirts in office settings can never have too many
- DVDs – always a winner – or a gift certificate where they can pick out a movie they’ve been wanting to own
- Business card carrying case
- Montblanc or other nice pen
- Gift Certificate for a favorite activity (such as movies, or golfing)
- Magazine subscription
- Cashmere socks
- Beer of the Month Club
- Gourmet dry-aged steaks
• Office Secret Santa / Gift Exchange – GIFT CARDS. You can never go wrong here with a gift certificate to a local restaurant, or the nearby coffee shop chain. Other gift card ideas include: local flower shop, iTunes, a nearby spa, drycleaners close to the office, and Amazon.com.
• Doorman – GIFT CERTIFICATE TO A LOCAL RESTAURANT. If your building does not allow cash tips, doormen always appreciate a gift certificate to a nice restaurant in the neighborhood in which they work. They often eat lunch and dinner in the neighborhood before, during or after work – and they’ve told us this is a gift they always appreciate.
ALWAYS A WINNER: Annie sez GIFT CARDS
Annie sez Gift Card
If you can’t decide, Annie sez Gift Cards are always a great gift. They’re available for purchase in all Annie sez stores, and your recipients will be delighted to receive the gift of fashion. Gift recipients can make their own selections and enjoy great discounts on top-of-the-line designer labels, including Calvin Klein, Betsey Johnson and Michael Kors.
No matter who or what you’re shopping for or how you celebrate this week, have fun! Enjoy your friends and family – that’s what the holidays are about!
Wishing you a stylish holiday,
Your Friends at Annie sez